cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyarbrough
Helper III
Helper III

can't download sharepoint attachments from app

i have an app with an "attachments" control linked to a sharepoint list. as far as i know, downloading attachments from it was working fine until this morning. 

now, when i click an attachment in the published app, it brings me to this page:

blob.png

when i do the same in the editor, i get this:

nofile.png

what's the deal? i've gotten the "failed - no file" error before, and as far as i remember it resolved itself pretty quickly and only happened in the editor. this time it's persistent.

i can download the attachments normally directly from the sharepoint list, so i don't think sharepoint or the files themselves are the problem.

Session ID: ce216957-6a50-45f4-b187-5a4ebe4d0e7c
PowerApps 3.18045.14

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also facing same issue, as mention by cyarbrough.

I have a form control and it's saving the attachment in the list. I used a galley control seperately(outside the form), where i shown all the list item along with the attachment control in the gallery. The attachment are showing in the list, but when i try to click the attachment control, it it's giving me same error as mention by cyarbrough.

Previously, it's working fine. The attachment was downloaded and shown perfactly. But, i found this issue from on last day morning. 

[Note : for gallery attachment i used this command in Items properties : ThisItem.'{Attachments}' ]

It's very urgent. 

cyarbrough
Helper III
Helper III

issue is still happening today

cyarbrough
Helper III
Helper III

this is still an issue

It appears that this problem is due to a mismatch in the editable name map of the "Items" property of Attachments control.  To fix it, please adjust the property mapping, as seen in this picture:

editable-name-map.png

View solution in original post

BrentITSS
Frequent Visitor

This doesn't work for me...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jovan 

There is no such "Value" property seen for the attachments control in the editor. I can only see items property. 

And this problem still persists. Do we have any other way around? 

Plz help!

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,698)