cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

cannot have any enabled trigger if the statement contains an output clause without INTO clause

Hi.
I'm trying to update a record to a SQL Database and it is imperative that the destination table needs to execute an update trigger.
Howeever, I receive the error message  in the subject.

I was trying to avoid the able, creating a view on top of it, but Power Apps do not recognize View as data sources. Any idea? Must be this reported as a bug? Could the PowerApps team add an INTO clause?.

Anyway, we need to solve this during the next two weeks so. Could it be feasible?

Any idea will be so much appreciated

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: cannot have any enabled trigger if the statement contains an output clause without INTO clause

Hi @DaniSeara

PowerApps does not yet support connecting to SQL Azure/ SQL Server views and does not yet support patching to tables with triggers.

There are other bugs in the SQL Azure/ SQL Server connector that you will find.

The product group is apparently working on this, but communication on progress, if any, is very patchy.

I am disappointed. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: cannot have any enabled trigger if the statement contains an output clause without INTO clause

Hi @DaniSeara

PowerApps does not yet support connecting to SQL Azure/ SQL Server views and does not yet support patching to tables with triggers.

There are other bugs in the SQL Azure/ SQL Server connector that you will find.

The product group is apparently working on this, but communication on progress, if any, is very patchy.

I am disappointed. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks, @Meneghino. At least, you clarify me the current situation.

Thanks again!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Any update on this situation??
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

UPDATE: Views are now supported but you still cannot modify data of a table with triggers

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

any updates from the product team?

an estimate would be nice...

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Training with AdventureWorks2016 under SQL Server 2016 for Developers.
A table with trigger (person.person) produce a DLM OUTPUT clause event if there is no OUTPUT clause in the trigger.
powerapps_bug_sql_trigger_output.png

An anticipated date (even beta) would be nice. Cannot go in prod with this.

Thanks

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Bump (I'm starting to feel like a necromancer; currently reviving every relevant post I find on this topic and it's becoming a small army)

Is there ANY update or ETA or workaround that does NOT require calling a stored procedure with Flow? 

Sincerely,

A desperate lord of the undead

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Helloooooooo????

It's been almost 3 (three!) years. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,044)