cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masterak25
Frequent Visitor

cascading combobox and its should multiselection as well as it should store at the sharepoint at the background

In first combo box, I have four choices In the second box, with respect to four choices in first combo box, each choices having 5 choices and that need to be multi selection. Example: first combobox  be countries lets say america,india,pakistan,russia as 4 choices. if america selected respective 5 states of america to be shown in second combobox...in case america and india selected collectively 10 states i.e 5 states from america and 5 states from india  should be shown it should be multi selected 

note: in the sharepoint list both the comboboxes are in datatype choice

4 REPLIES 4
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @masterak25 ,

What's the relationship between the 2 choice columns?

In otherwords, what's the relationship between america and the 5 states from america?

Best Regards,

Wearsky

the countries and their respective states are in one separate sharepoint list to make this two comboboxes. i need the functions to fulfil my constraint mentioned above.

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @masterak25 ,

So could you tell me what's the relationship between the country and state?

powerapps itself cannot identify which country a state belongs to.

This needs to be defined in advance in the data source.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

the datasource is already given as separate sharepoint list. In that list has 2 columns one is country and state. i need to make cascading combobox

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (1,934)