cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

change Meeting Capture follow-up times from UTC to local time (UTC-8)?

Hi everyone. By default, Meeting Capture's follow-up scheduler seems to use UTC for some of its components. As a result, follow-up times that get scheduled are way off from whatever the user's local time is. In my case, they're 8 hours off, since I'm in UTC-8 or the "America/Los_Angeles" time zone.

What I've tried:

In the App's OnStart section, I've tried changing this:

ClearCollect(AllFutureEvents,Office365.GetEventsCalendarView(MyCalendarID,Text(Today(),UTC),Text(DateAdd(Today(),2,Days),UTC)).Values)

to this:

ClearCollect(AllFutureEvents,Office365.GetEventsCalendarView(MyCalendarID,Text(Today(),DateTimeZone.Local),Text(DateAdd(Today(),2,Days),DateTimeZone.Local)).Values),Set(MyUserProfile,Office365Users.MyProfile().Id),

But that throws errors.

I've also tried changing the LoadAvailableTimes button in the FollowUpTimesScreen from this:

ClearCollect(MeetingTimes,AddColumns(Office365.FindMeetingTimes({MaxCandidates:15,MinimumAttendeePercentage: 1, MeetingDuration: MeetingDurationSelection.SelectedText.Minutes,Start:Text(DateAdd(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,MeetingStartRange.SelectedText.Minutes, Minutes), UTC),End:Text(DateAdd(DatePicker1.SelectedDate, MeetingEndRange.SelectedText.Minutes, Minutes), UTC),

to this:

ClearCollect(MeetingTimes,AddColumns(Office365.FindMeetingTimes({MaxCandidates:15,MinimumAttendeePercentage: 1, MeetingDuration: MeetingDurationSelection.SelectedText.Minutes,Start:Text(DateAdd(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,MeetingStartRange.SelectedText.Minutes, Minutes), Local),End:Text(DateAdd(DatePicker1.SelectedDate, MeetingEndRange.SelectedText.Minutes, Minutes), Local),

Which doesn't throw errors but also doesn't help.

What am I missing? I think I'm on the right track, but I'm not able to find any documentation to help me ensure that all calendaring functions use the user's local time zone.

Happy to provide more information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: change Meeting Capture follow-up times from UTC to local time (UTC-8)?

Hi @pafdev ,

After my test, please modify the OnSelect property of 'SelectFollowUpTime' button in 'AvailableTimesGall' Gallery as below:

Set(FollowUpStart,DateAdd(DateTimeValue(ThisItem.StartTime), -TimeZoneOffset(DateTimeValue(ThisItem.StartTime)), Minutes));
Set(FollowUpEnd,DateAdd(DateTimeValue(ThisItem.EndTime), -TimeZoneOffset(DateTimeValue(ThisItem.EndTime)), Minutes))

Annotation 2019-11-27 102658.png

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pafdev ,

After my test, please modify the OnSelect property of 'SelectFollowUpTime' button in 'AvailableTimesGall' Gallery as below:

Set(FollowUpStart,DateAdd(DateTimeValue(ThisItem.StartTime), -TimeZoneOffset(DateTimeValue(ThisItem.StartTime)), Minutes));
Set(FollowUpEnd,DateAdd(DateTimeValue(ThisItem.EndTime), -TimeZoneOffset(DateTimeValue(ThisItem.EndTime)), Minutes))

Annotation 2019-11-27 102658.png

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much @v-siky-msft ! This worked perfectly after I rolled back my other changes. Keep being awesome!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,799)