cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

change datatype

Hi,

 

I've created a small app based upon a table in SQL Azure.

Originally the field UseDate was of the Date Format. Mean while I've changed the data type to varchar(255)

 

i've refreshed the table in PowerApps client. I use it without any problems to filter a BrowseGallery.

But when going to the EditScreen the field UseDate is still of the type DateTime.

 

Where can I change this? (Because now he is showing 10/10/2016 02:00:00. But in the table there is only 10/10/2016.

 

Regards,

Nico

 

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Try generating your app again or removing and re-adding a card for that field whose type has changed. If a form was already generated for your data source, and the existing cards use a specific type of formatting for your data (in this case a date&time format), refreshing the data source will not necessarily change that initial formatting.

 

I hope this helps.

Radu Gruian [MSFT] ** PowerApps Staff

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Try removing the SQL connection and add again.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Try generating your app again or removing and re-adding a card for that field whose type has changed. If a form was already generated for your data source, and the existing cards use a specific type of formatting for your data (in this case a date&time format), refreshing the data source will not necessarily change that initial formatting.

 

I hope this helps.

Radu Gruian [MSFT] ** PowerApps Staff

View solution in original post

Highlighted

That did the trick. 

 

Thx

 

Highlighted

Can you remember what exactly 'did the trick'? I am having the same issues... Any help is much appreciated!

Highlighted

It help me! Tks.

Highlighted

I had this issue (wrong data type) in a form that was connected to a Sharepoint list and the only thing that fixed it for me was to create a new data field with the correct data type in the SP list and delete the old field.  Be careful not to use the same name on the field because Powerapps will recognize it as the old field and give you the old data type.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,941)