Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
verbani
Helper I
Helper I

change datatype

Hi,

I've created a small app based upon a table in SQL Azure.

Originally the field UseDate was of the Date Format. Mean while I've changed the data type to varchar(255)

i've refreshed the table in PowerApps client. I use it without any problems to filter a BrowseGallery.

But when going to the EditScreen the field UseDate is still of the type DateTime.

Where can I change this? (Because now he is showing 10/10/2016 02:00:00. But in the table there is only 10/10/2016.

Regards,

Nico

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rgruian
Power Apps
Power Apps

Try generating your app again or removing and re-adding a card for that field whose type has changed. If a form was already generated for your data source, and the existing cards use a specific type of formatting for your data (in this case a date&time format), refreshing the data source will not necessarily change that initial formatting.

I hope this helps.

Radu Gruian [MSFT] ** PowerApps Staff

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Perumal
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Try removing the SQL connection and add again.

rgruian
Power Apps
Power Apps

Try generating your app again or removing and re-adding a card for that field whose type has changed. If a form was already generated for your data source, and the existing cards use a specific type of formatting for your data (in this case a date&time format), refreshing the data source will not necessarily change that initial formatting.

I hope this helps.

Radu Gruian [MSFT] ** PowerApps Staff

View solution in original post

That did the trick. 

Thx

Can you remember what exactly 'did the trick'? I am having the same issues... Any help is much appreciated!

It help me! Tks.

I had this issue (wrong data type) in a form that was connected to a Sharepoint list and the only thing that fixed it for me was to create a new data field with the correct data type in the SP list and delete the old field.  Be careful not to use the same name on the field because Powerapps will recognize it as the old field and give you the old data type.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,670)