cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skalkhathran
Regular Visitor

change pictures from drop down box

i have a column in excel file includes those values: house, warehouse, tower. i put it as dropdown box in power app

i want to add picture in the corner that change based on the above dropdown box. as i have three pictures i want them to be change in one place based on the dropdown box.

is that possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@skalkhathran 

I assumed you already had the images in your app.  If not, then add them through the add media toolbox.  The name of the file will become a name of the image to use in your app.

In the case of imgHousePicture - this would have been the name of the image should you have uploaded an image with the filename of imgHousePicture (file extension doesn't make a difference).

Do you have pictures in your app already? 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@skalkhathran 

Set the Image property of your Image to the following:

Switch(yourDropdown.Selected.Value,
    "house", imgHousePicture,
    "warehouse", imgWarehousPicture,
    "tower", imgTowerPicture
)

Replace names in the above formula to reflect actual names in your app.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

thank you for the support Randy! can you please explain further how to apply the imghousepicture?

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@skalkhathran 

I assumed you already had the images in your app.  If not, then add them through the add media toolbox.  The name of the file will become a name of the image to use in your app.

In the case of imgHousePicture - this would have been the name of the image should you have uploaded an image with the filename of imgHousePicture (file extension doesn't make a difference).

Do you have pictures in your app already? 

View solution in original post

it works perfectly:) thank you so much

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,335)