cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmclaughlin
Post Patron
Post Patron

clear cache edge so that a power app will not show old data

I've been writing powerapps for over 2 years.  In the last 6 months I'm seeing an issue with my users where they open a document in powerapp (over a sharepoint list) and the data is an old document.  If they clear cache it then works.  This used to never happen but is happening more often with my users now.  I know I can tell them to clear cache. I have  intructions I've sent them.  But why is this happening?  Is there something  I need to do in my power app on open?

3 REPLIES 3
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

There's not much you can do from the Power Apps side as this is likely a browser issue. Having said that, we should be clear on what 'old document' refers to - are you saying that a previously-selected document is showing in the App or that an old version of a document is showing when selected?

If it is an older version, then this sounds like an IT issue not a Power Apps issue - if an old document is showing due to caching then its likely that IT admins have defaulted caching of webpages in Edge settings.

Do you know if you have any group policies set up by IT that would enforce this kind of default behaviour?

Cheers,

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Its not an old version of the power app form but old data.  So the user opens from the sharepoint list view a document, it pulls up the powerapp and the data inside is from one they opened before not the document in the view they clicked on.  It is caching, as all I have taught them to do is clear cache in edge, and they go back in and its fine.  Its all caching.  I was just wondering if anything I could do in the power app.  Is this defaulting of caching in edge something set at a high level that is causing this?

Again, we need to be clear about old data:

Are you saying that when they visit the page fresh for the first time, an old version of the document is showing, or are you saying that if they have already selected another item, then the form is showing that previously selected item?

If we are talking about the previously selected item, then its likely your App's SharePointIntegration.OnEdit()/.OnNew()/.OnSave() and the Form's Item property are likely the culprit as its not clearing the existing item from your selection.

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,225)