cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phh
Helper IV
Helper IV

clearcollect and search and filter

Hello everyone, I really need your help to solve my problem. I have seen this video and do not understand how he makes clearcollect on "leaveType" Can you help with that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rivius
Resolver II
Resolver II

When you're done typing the ClearCollect function in with the arguments, it will create the new collection called PrøveType and it shouldn't be highlighted as an error anymore.

ClearCollect will erase pre-existing collections of the name you define or create new collections with the name you define.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Rivius
Resolver II
Resolver II

Link to the video?

Rivius
Resolver II
Resolver II

I skipped ahead and didn't watch the first 13 videos but I think I see what's bugging you ;).

So the ClearCollect(LeaveType,{Value:"All Leaves"},Choices([@Leaves].LeaveType)); tripping you up?

First you need the Choices in your dataverse created, that'll give you the Leave Types.

Then in the ClearCollect line, what he's doing is gathering those choices and then adding his own option which isn't already listed called "All Leaves".

Looks like he goes on to add an ALL option in a similar fashion to other ClearCollects.  

Don't get discouraged, this isn't simple stuff and it'll only make you better at PowerApps if you take the time to learn it.

Rivius
Resolver II
Resolver II

For the Leaves choices I'm assuming he goes over creating that somewhere else in the video series.

@Rivius 
Can you show me how I get the opportunity to choose something after clearcollect? I do not understand where he gets it from? One of my columns is called "PrøveType" but can't see where he gets his from?

Can you show me it? plz?

Rivius
Resolver II
Resolver II

When you're done typing the ClearCollect function in with the arguments, it will create the new collection called PrøveType and it shouldn't be highlighted as an error anymore.

ClearCollect will erase pre-existing collections of the name you define or create new collections with the name you define.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (35,195)