Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

collection in patch

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the clarification.  Please take a look at the blog post I wrote last year which deals with taking a collection with multiple rows and putting them all into a single variable, with the proper punctuation which is, more or less, what I think you are looking for.  (You may not need the part on inserting &, but the rest would apply).
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/News-Announcements/How-To-Properly-punctuating-a-list-of-items/b...

LRVinNC

LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LRVinNC
Super User
Super User

A couple questions... 

In your collection, is each checkbox result in a separate record?

And in your patch statement are you trying to patch from multiple records in the collection into a single SQL record or does one record in the collection go to one SQL record?

LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

each checkbox goes into one collection. And I am trying to get multiple values out of the collection into one sql record.

Thanks for the clarification.  Please take a look at the blog post I wrote last year which deals with taking a collection with multiple rows and putting them all into a single variable, with the proper punctuation which is, more or less, what I think you are looking for.  (You may not need the part on inserting &, but the rest would apply).
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/News-Announcements/How-To-Properly-punctuating-a-list-of-items/b...

LRVinNC

LRVinNC

------------------

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright, I applied this in my app but i am not completely sure what to put in my patch function
If(CountRows(uitvoerders) = 1; First(uitvoerders).Value; CountRows(uitvoerders) = 2; First(uitvoerders).Value & ", " & Last(uitvoerders).Value; CountRows(uitvoerders) > 2; Concatenate(Concat(FirstN(Split(Concat(uitvoerders; Value; "; "); "; ").Result; CountRows(uitvoerders)-1); Result & ","); " en "; Last(uitvoerders).Value);;

This is what i have right now. What do i put in my patch?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,177)