cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

combobox allow searching disables the drop down

When I turn on "Allow Searching" on my combobox, I don't have any available values. Turning it off shows all my options in the drop down.

I believe this has something to do with my [Items] having a non-delegable in the formula.

The formula is:

SortByColumns(Filter(Buildings, !IsBlank(SFCP)), "SFCP", Ascending)

The non-delegable part being the !IsBlank part. I don't know how else to write that though. I need to filter the list so that only when there's data in the SFCP column it shows the value in the combobox. 

The really annoying part is that SHOULD be delegable!

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/delegation-overview#filter-functions

Edit: Just to clarify, removing the SortByColumns does not affect anything. I still get a delegation warning on the ! part and it still returns no values when allow searching is enabled.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: combobox allow searching disables the drop down

@notj 

Just for a test, create a collection from your Filtered dataset and use that as the Items property of the combobox and see if it behaves differently.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @notj 

I tried to reproduce your issue using a nondelegatable filter and it worked for me.  Did you check the fields to make sure they are correct?  I have noticed that if you make a change to the items property of the Combobox, they revert back to a default.Annotation 2020-05-14 075854.jpg

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

@Drrickryp I'm positive the fields are correct because as soon as I turn off "Allow Searching" the same formula works without issue.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@notj 

Just for a test, create a collection from your Filtered dataset and use that as the Items property of the combobox and see if it behaves differently.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

It does. That works correctly. I did a ClearCollect with my exact formula(including the SortByColumns part) and then in my combobox I set the Items to just the collection name. I enabled searching and both work.

I'm going to call your post a solution, but this definitely seems like a bug.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Glad to help.smiling.gif

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,146)