cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alcyon
Frequent Visitor

component : can't create Table or Record Property

Hello,

For a component, I have tried several times to create a custom property of type Table or Record but it does not work, when I click on save nothing happens...

On the other hand, the creation of a property of type text works.

I don't know if I am missing something or if it is a bug.

I am a french user.

thank you

10 REPLIES 10
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Alcyon 

Can you describe your process a little more?  In general, you would be creating a custom property, setting the type as Input or Output and then choosing Record or Table as the Data type and then clicking Create.

It should then show up in your list of Custom Properties.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

I think this is a bug due to the use of powerapps in French

I changed the language of my browser to use powerapps in English and I can create a table type property. What does not work if I use powerapps in French.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Alcyon 

Interesting!!  I would report that in a support ticket as it should not be like that.  

Are you able to create it in English and then switch back to French to continue?

Although, if you're interested in bugs....you're about to experience quite a few in relation to Components as working with Tables and Records in the Component is VERY buggy - regardless of language!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Alcyon
Frequent Visitor

I just wanted to try this way. I'm experimenting and I keep you posted.

Thank you for your help and for your information

Alcyon
Frequent Visitor

Can I follow the progress of the support ticket?

Thank you

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Alcyon 

When you submit a support request, you'll get a tracking number pretty much immediately.  You'll most likely then get a response within the day.

Alcyon
Frequent Visitor

I'm sorry, but I can't find where I need to create the support ticket...

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Alcyon 

No worries - these things are not always obvious!  

You can go to : Support | Microsoft Power Apps

At the bottom you'll see the "still having issues?" section and you can create a ticket there.

In the future to find this, there is a link in the help question mark icon on the top right of the designer.

Alcyon
Frequent Visitor

Arff ... I just hadn't scroll down enough...

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,313)