Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

conditionally required fields

Hello,

I am trying to make other fields on a form required based on a previous data card. I know I go to Advanced: Data -> Required to make the change, but what is the proper formula? The formula I have in place is not working:

If("Vendor" in 'Is this PO for a Vendor or Subcontractor?_DataCard1'.Selected.Value,true,false)

I need to set up a conditional requirement if 'Is this PO for a Vendor or Subcontractor?' (name of a data card) has the selection 'Vendor', the field 'Vendor' (name of a data card) is required.

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: conditionally required fields

Hi @DCI_18 ,

Could you please share a bit more about the 'Is this PO for a Vendor or Subcontractor?_DataCard1' in your Edit form?

Could you please share a bit more about your data soource?

Based on the formula you provided, I think there is something wrong with it. I assume that the 'Is this PO for a Vendor or Subcontractor?_DataCard1' contains a ComboBox or Dropdown box in your Edit form, is it true?

1. If you could only select single one value within the 'Is this PO for a Vendor or Subcontractor?_DataCard1':

Set the Required proeprty of the Vendor data card in the Edit form to following:

If(
     'Is this PO for a Vendor or Subcontractor?_ComboBox1'.Selected.Value = "Vendor",    /* <-- On your side, you may type 'Is this PO for a Vendor or Subcontractor?_DataCardValue1'*/
true,
false )

Note: The 'Is this PO for a Vendor or Subcontractor?_ComboBox1' represents the ComboBox within the 'Is this PO for a Vendor or Subcontractor?_DataCard1'.

2. If you could only select multiple options within the 'Is this PO for a Vendor or Subcontractor?_DataCard1':

Set the Required proeprty of the Vendor data card in the Edit form to following:

If(
     "Vendor" in 'Is this PO for a Vendor or Subcontractor?_ComboBox1'.SelectedItems.Value
true,
false )

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @DCI_18 

what type of column is this and what data source? 'Is this PO for a Vendor or Subcontractor?_DataCard1'

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DCI_18 ,

Could you please share a bit more about the 'Is this PO for a Vendor or Subcontractor?_DataCard1' in your Edit form?

Could you please share a bit more about your data soource?

Based on the formula you provided, I think there is something wrong with it. I assume that the 'Is this PO for a Vendor or Subcontractor?_DataCard1' contains a ComboBox or Dropdown box in your Edit form, is it true?

1. If you could only select single one value within the 'Is this PO for a Vendor or Subcontractor?_DataCard1':

If(
     'Is this PO for a Vendor or Subcontractor?_ComboBox1'.Selected.Value = "Vendor",    /* <-- On your side, you may type 'Is this PO for a Vendor or Subcontractor?_DataCardValue1'*/
true,
false )

Note: The 'Is this PO for a Vendor or Subcontractor?_ComboBox1' represents the ComboBox within the 'Is this PO for a Vendor or Subcontractor?_DataCard1'.

2. If you could only select multiple options within the 'Is this PO for a Vendor or Subcontractor?_DataCard1':

If(
     "Vendor" in 'Is this PO for a Vendor or Subcontractor?_ComboBox1'.SelectedItems.Value
true,
false )

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,401)