cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mapembert
Level: Powered On

connection attempt failed.... did not properly respond after a period of time

Came across PowerApps yesterday and wanted to connect to our enterprise system in MS Azure instance running DB2. My connection is successful but it fails to load the tables. I suspect the timeout is due to the fact that our enterprise system has nearly 1000 tables. Is there a way to increase the timeout time or manually add 1 table? I know the schema and table name of course.

This is the full error message:

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond NNN.NNN.NN.NNN:50006 SQLSTATE=08S01 SQLCODE=-1037
inner exception: Microsoft Db2 Client: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond NNN.NNN.NN.NNN:50006 SQLSTATE=08S01 SQLCODE=-1037
clientRequestId: 1c39a92f-41e2-49e3-99e8-92186843ad45

Session ID: 9bfecc14-b0aa-4a3a-9ae5-42540f91a163

I attempted to get answers to the forum but had no luck:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/connection-attempt-failed-did-not-p...

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: connection attempt failed.... did not properly respond after a period of time

Hi @mapembert ,

Could you please share a screenshot about the error message within your app?

Do you mean that the issue occurs when you create a connection to the DB2 table from your app?

Currently, there is a limit on each single outgoing request, the maximum Timeout value is 180 seconds, if the request could not be respond within 180 seconds, you may get the Timeout error.

If you want to increase the timeout time or manually add 1 table when you create a connection to your DB2 from PowerApps app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Also please consider re-create a new connecton to your DB2 table from your app, and make sure the Network is in a good condition, then check if the issue is solved. 

Please consider submit an assisted support ticket for further help through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,156)