cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hitty08
Helper I
Helper I

copying information from one datacard to another

Ok I am building an application that involves sprints. I have four separate screens within the power app which represent each sprint. On each page I have a edit form which has the questions for each sprint.  Once sprint 0 is filled out, I would like for the redundant data to be filled out for the other sprints and that is where I am running into the issue.

Example of forms on:

(Screen 1 - Sprint 0): Name, Sprint, Information, POC

(Screen 2 - Sprint 1): Name, Sprint, Information, POC, Funding

(Screen 3 - Sprint 2): Name, Sprint, Information, POC, Funding, Date

(Screen 4 - Sprint 3): Name, Sprint, Information, POC, Completed

As you can see a lot of the information would be the same, but I need a new object for each sprint within the share point list. I would like to find a way that the use only has to type "Name" in one time and it autofills to the other forms. Any information or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried setting a Global Variables a couple different ways to accomplish this with no success, any examples or ideas on how you would accomplish this would be greatly appreciated!

31 REPLIES 31
hitty08
Helper I
Helper I

Sprint 0 Screen --> Sprint 0 Form -->
Question 1: Name (Feeds a single line text on SP list)

Question 2: Information (Feeds multiple line of text on SP list)

Question 3: POC (Feeds single line of text on SP list)

Question 4: Sprint # (Not visible on form, automatically set to sprint0 for user using lookup formula set to drop down in list)

Sprint 1 Screen --> Sprint 1 Form -->
Question 1: Name (Feeds a single line text on SP list)

Question 2: Information (Feeds multiple line of text on SP list)

Question 3: POC (Feeds single line of text on SP list)

Question 4: Sprint # (Not visible on form, automatically set to sprint1 for user using lookup formula set to drop down in list)

Once both of these forms are submitted, I will use a gallery to look up items based on the project name. 4 items will appear in that after the project is looked up. Each item will have the exact same name, with different sprint numbers.

Let me know if I am making sense

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@hitty08

So far so good.

So it is the sprint number column that distinguishes the record.

What is the name of that column in your list and what type of column is it?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Sprint Number - Dropdown column

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@hitty08 

Choice column!

So then in your OnSuccess of the Form for Sprint 0, you need the following formula:

Collect(yourList, 
    ForAll(Sequence(3),
        {SprintNumber: {Value: Value},
         Name: Self.LastSubmit.Name,
         Information: Self.LastSubmit.Information,
         POC: Self.LastSubmit.POC
        }
    )
)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

I would assume I have to apply this collection to the next form right, then submit that form after?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@hitty08 

There is no collection.  You are creating 3 new records.  One for sprint 1, 2 and 3.

hitty08
Helper I
Helper I

Running into one more issue. Everything else works correctly except for the sprint.

When I type Sprint: {Value:Value}

I get an error that says "The Sprint.Value type is expecting a text type and you are using a number"
The sprint column in the list is a drop down that has 4 options. Sprint 0,1,2,3

I am trying to iterate though this choice column so it outputs Sprint 1, Sprint 2, Sprint 3, Sprint 4 on the four different inputs. 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@hitty08 

So then your choices are not simply numeric.

Change the formula to the following:

Collect(yourList, 
    ForAll(Sequence(3),
        {SprintNumber: {Value: "Sprint " & Text(Value)},
         Name: Self.LastSubmit.Name,
         Information: Self.LastSubmit.Information,
         POC: Self.LastSubmit.POC
        }
    )
)

hitty08
Helper I
Helper I

So close, the first one "Sprint 0" lines up with the choice and the color that is assigned to that choice.

Once it hits "Sprint 1" the output results in "Sprint1" instead of "Sprint 1" with the space in it. Should I remove the spaces from the column choices?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@hitty08 
Can you provide a screenshot of the choice definitions in your list?  I am a little confused on what you're aiming for.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,495)