cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

create a sharepoint list item with 2 datasources

Hi all, 

I would like to create items in a sharepoint list thanks to 2 databases : The sharepoint list itself and an Excel File. 

3 fields are Datacards from the Sharepoint column and the last one is a combobox from an Excel File in my OneDrive. When I submit the form, the 3 firsts fields are copied perfectly but I don't know how to copy my combobox. 

I tried to create a flow in order to update the field but the formulas isn't good.

Could someone help me ? 

It would help me a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: create a sharepoint list item with 2 datasources

Your submit button is going to need a patch function for updating the Excel file. The form is only connected to the SharePoint data source so that is the only thing it can update. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Your submit button is going to need a patch function for updating the Excel file. The form is only connected to the SharePoint data source so that is the only thing it can update. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to add the patch function :
Patch('Visitor List',First(Filter('Visitor List', Title = DataCardValue3.Text)),{VisitedPerson : ComboBox3})

The error seems to be Combobox3. I would like the VisitedPerson column to get the Combobox3 text.

Do you have an idea?

EDIT : the correct formula is Patch('Visitor List',First(Filter('Visitor List', Title = DataCardValue3.Text)),{VisitedPerson : ComboBox3.Selected.Name})

Super User
Super User

Nice. You beat me to it. I was just playing with the same thing. 

Does you combo box allow multiple values? Does your formula work if you select 2 values? I was playing with the ConCat function thinking you might need it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,381)