I have created an entity for customer records and created a field which I set it up to be an autonumber, but when I am clicking a new form the autonumber is not showing; It's only showing when I try to save it.
Is there any possibility that the number can be shown in the field, when we click new from(though it is showing when we save it)
I use a method with SharePoint that you maybe able to implement?
I generate a Ref_Number by adding to the Item ID, however, the item isn't created until the relevant data is Submitted, so I do this:
1. User selects 'Create New'
2. In the background, I Submit a hidden form with only the 'Required' fields data
3. In the OnSuccess of this Form, I set a variable to the myFormName.LastSubmit, which gives me the new ID
4. The user is then taken to the complete Form which is in Edit mode (not New) and has it's Item property set to the above variable
This way I can show the user their new Ref_Number which has been built using the ID. I use this method to circumvent double-ups of Ref_Numbers.
Not sure if you could adapt this method to suit your needs but it maybe worth a go?
Sorry, I've not yet used Model Driven apps & CDS Entities, but I think the basic outline I setup above should work for you?
- create a NEW item - only add the 'Required' fields
- somehow return the details of this NEW item back to your app, I use variables for this
Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.
Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.
The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.
We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!