Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

currenuseremail - Name isn't valid. Identifier isnt recognised

Hi,

I have added Office365 connector for my flow. However, the formula 'currentuseremail' isnt accepted. Powerapps displays me the warning 'Name isn't valid. Identifier isnt recognised'. 

I have another app, with the same connectors (sharepoint and Office365), and this identifier works.

Why is this? How can i solve this?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: currenuseremail - Name isn't valid. Identifier isnt recognised

@Anonymous 

This sounds like a Power Automate question rather than a PowerApps question. You are welcome to post it here but I suggest you post this in the Power Automate Community instead. You’ll get a quicker and better response over there

Link to Power Automate Community
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Power-Automate/ct-p/FL_GeneralDiscussions

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mdevaney 

I am working in powerapps. I think this is for sure a powerapps issue that i'm encountering with.

I have an existing app connected to Office365 and Sharepoint. I am trying to replicate the same step in my existing powerapps, in  another powerapps i'm creating - in Text, input the formula as shown in the image. However, the in my new app, it wont accept 'currentuseremail'. In fact, when i type in "current" in the formula field, powerapps doesnt display me a function. My new app has the same connections.

powerapps1.PNG

How can i solve this?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

LOL, well you can't blame me for thinking you were asking about Power Automate 😂.  The original question never mentioned PowerApps at all. 😁

In your screenshot you are referencing a variable named currentuseremail.  Can you please share the code you used to store a value in the variable?

To get the email of a user I would typically use this code, not currentuseremail.  Try this instead and please remove the Text function.  It is not necessary to convert something that is already text into text. 

User().Email

Give my idea a try and post a screenshot if it doesn't work.  Also you are getting several warnings!  Please share the error message.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,365)