cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dipak
Regular Visitor

custom control with combobox

How to implement combined control for combobox and checkboxes and reset button ? 

Is there any way to implement custom button in inbuilt combobox in powerapps?

Awaiting to hear from you soon.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @Dipak 

This is currently not doable in PowerApps to set a control visibility based on dropdown item visibility. If you think this should be added, please raise an idea on: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Dipak 

Can you share more details about the scenario that you are trying to achieve? Based on the description shared by you, I am not clear on how you want to use the controls.

If youa re looking for something as a reusable controls, then you might want to create a component. Please refer: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/components-available-in-preview/

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Thanks for quick reply.

My need is to implement two button that is select all and reset inside the combobox functionality. Is it possible to customize the combobox controls to fulfill the above stated needs?

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Dipak 

You can update the configs as:

Select All Button -> OnSelect -> Set(SelectComboboxItems,"All");Reset(ComboBox1)
Reset Button -> OnSelect -> Set(SelectComboboxItems,"None");Reset(ComboBox1)

Combobox1 -> DefaultSelectedItems -> If(SelectComboboxItems = "All",ComboBoxSample,SelectComboboxItems = "None",[])

Here, you need to replace the highlighted part with the expression used in Items property of the Combobox control

Hope this Helps!

Hey

Thanks for the quick reply.

The thing is, the functionalities of selectall and reset button I have implemented but Is there any way to add these buttons in the combobox. To be more clear when I run combobox and dropdown appears, so that in dropdown or in the header, my two buttons should appear.

Thanks.

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @Dipak 

This is currently not doable in PowerApps to set a control visibility based on dropdown item visibility. If you think this should be added, please raise an idea on: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,609)