cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

customizable tutorial template

Hi

I have added a customizable tutorial screen using a screen template but I can not find any instructions, guides to edit it. I have searched an failed miserably. 

BR

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That tutorial template can be used as-is for simple steps: 1 image and some text. If you want your text on different pages to have specific formatting, then it may not be as simple as adding some values there.

There are a couple of alternatives you can use:

1. Create different screens, one with each of the screens you want, and in the left/right arrows you would use the Navigate function to move between them. That's fairly simple to implement, although you may have a lot of screens in the beginning of your app (which may not be a bad thing)
  2. Create one group of controls, in the same screen, for each of the "virtual screens" that you want, then set its Visible property to _guideStep = <virtual screen number>. This may be a little more complicated to organize (you'll have many controls at the same screen), but your app won't have lots of non-critical screens.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
CarlosFigueira
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi Andy,

You can customize the steps in the tutorial screen by selecting the "dots" gallery (TutorialNavigator1) on the bottom of the screen, and updating its Items property. You can define a text and an image for each step in the tutorial page.

ForumPost001.pngHope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Carlos

Starting to make sense, how do I limit an image(s) to only appear on one page. I am trying to duplicate the layout as per the attached sample.

Thank you in advance

BR 

Andy

I believe if you don't set the Image property of one of the "steps", then that step will not have an image. Is that what you're trying to accomplish?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Carlos

Sorry for the delay in feeding back.

I want each step to have a different image, I want the pages to look like the attached document in my previous post.

That tutorial template can be used as-is for simple steps: 1 image and some text. If you want your text on different pages to have specific formatting, then it may not be as simple as adding some values there.

There are a couple of alternatives you can use:

1. Create different screens, one with each of the screens you want, and in the left/right arrows you would use the Navigate function to move between them. That's fairly simple to implement, although you may have a lot of screens in the beginning of your app (which may not be a bad thing)
  2. Create one group of controls, in the same screen, for each of the "virtual screens" that you want, then set its Visible property to _guideStep = <virtual screen number>. This may be a little more complicated to organize (you'll have many controls at the same screen), but your app won't have lots of non-critical screens.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Carlos

I will try option one as a start

I just figured out how to do this by setting visibility based on the index of  _guideStep . This variable is linked to the position of the table/screen. justr add miltiple images to the card and set their visibility to  _guideStep = <index> 

EXAMPLE:

visibility property on image one would be  _guideStep =0

visibility property on image one would be  _guideStep =1

This is nice, but jeez how complicated can making a tutorial image visible be?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone hasn't figured out how to get past the last screen use this code "

If(_guideStep = Last(TutorialNavigator1.AllItems).Step, Navigate(Home),Set(_guideStep, Last(TutorialNavigator1.AllItems).Step))" assuming your first screen is "Home".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,446)