cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
stujol80
Helper III
Helper III

data mapping between sharepoint and powerapp

i have a sharepoint online list with the following columns

 

stujol80_0-1596471798350.png

 

SharePoint online form works with no issues.

 

When i create a form in powerapp from the sharepoint menu, 2 of my fields are not mapped correctly.

 

My field named title has 'Title0' for the data field.

stujol80_1-1596471919645.png

 

My field named 'MoC' has 'Title' as the data field.

stujol80_2-1596471981249.png

 

When i complete the form in real-time via New in sharepoint, the MoC and Title fields are getting changed.

 

Form in New Mode

 

stujol80_5-1596472483094.png

 

 

when saved, 

 

stujol80_6-1596472522972.png

 

when go to edit

 

stujol80_7-1596472568663.png

change title field back to title and saves ok, but when i edit go back to the error.

 

i don't understand why powerapps in changing the fields. sharepoint custom form works fine. Ive deleted the powerapp form several times and started again but still same error. was previously working ok.

 

Any ideas anyone? please.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KrishnaV
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @stujol80,

 

This is more to do at the SharePoint List setting level than at the PowerApp level. Do the Following:

  1. Go to the SharePoint List setting and ensure that the internal name (you could see as part of the URL at the as filed=<<Field Internal Name>>).
  2. If they both are not same ensure that MOC internal name is also MOC
  3. You can't see this Title0 column in SharePoint to best of my knowledge unless you created a field with that name
  4. Now come to PowerApps and remove the list from the data source and add it again and then start doing the mapping.


I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.


I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shanthakumar
Regular Visitor

Hey,

 

Each Column is SharePoint list has two names, one is DisplayName / Title and another one is InternalName.

By defualt SharePoint Online list has Title column with [ InternalName as Title and DisplayName as Title ]

In you list, this Title column's display name is renamed to MoC. But the InternalName is still remains Title and display name is MoC.

 

After the renaming, a new column is created with the name as Title in that list. By default, SharePoint identifies the duplicate name and creates a InternalName as Title0 and Display name as Title.

 

To fix this, deleting the powerapps won't work. Follow the below steps,

  • Change the displayName of MoC to Title,
  • Create the new column name MoC
  • Delete the Title0 column

OR

Map the Label name and Control name respectively in the powerapps

I hope you have understand the problem. And please let me know, if you have any queries.

KrishnaV
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @stujol80,

 

This is more to do at the SharePoint List setting level than at the PowerApp level. Do the Following:

  1. Go to the SharePoint List setting and ensure that the internal name (you could see as part of the URL at the as filed=<<Field Internal Name>>).
  2. If they both are not same ensure that MOC internal name is also MOC
  3. You can't see this Title0 column in SharePoint to best of my knowledge unless you created a field with that name
  4. Now come to PowerApps and remove the list from the data source and add it again and then start doing the mapping.


I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.


I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
stujol80
Helper III
Helper III

thanks all for your input @KrishnaV @Shanthakumar 

 

working once again now.

 

The MoC field was the original title field so i didn't have an option to delete. Just renamed MoC back to title, then deleted and recreated the MoC field. Thanks once again. I still wasnt able to find how i could view the internal name of the field.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,296)