cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
mobilismexico
Resolver I
Resolver I

data table not refreshing when controls change

I have two tables that Lookup to different Lists, and both work well in make.powerapps.com. However, when I publish and run the app in my phone, one of tables does not load data.

 

The Items property of the table that does work is:

LookUp(ListWorker,nombre_visitante.Text in Title)

As soon as I enter a new value in the nombre.visitante input box, the table refreshes correctly.

 

The Items property of the table that does not load data is:

LookUp(ListEmployer,(usr_depto_dropdwn.SelectedText.Value in depto)&&(usr_torre_dropdwn.SelectedText.Value in Torre))

 

In my laptop, the Employer table loads data and refreshes as expected whenever I change the dropdown controls. But once I publish the app and run in from my phone, the Employer table shows no data, even after selecting different values in the dropdown controls.

 

The picture below shows the app running in the laptop computer.

 

mobilismexico_0-1658115659232.png

 

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found it.

 

It was abput the List permissions.

 

In the computer I am signed in with a Global Admin account. In the device I'm signed in with a User account. The user did not have Edit permissions in the List. It had Limited permissions as a Guest. I elevated the permission to Edit and it started to work.

 

thank you, anyway, @phipps0218 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
phipps0218
Super User
Super User

Change the Items of the table property to a Filter rather than a LookUp and let me know if that works. It might be worth adding on the on change property a refresh function to the data source as well.

 

Please Accept as Solution if it solves your question. Or just give it a Thumbs Up if it is helpful as can help others.

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/charlie-phipps-%F0%9F%91%A8%E2%80%8D%F0%9F%92%BB-91338715b/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChmFBGU1YKIU91sNMQ7buGg
Twitter: https://twitter.com/phipps0218

thank you, @phipps0218 , for jumping in.

 

I replaced the Lookup function with Filter, but the behaviour is the same. It works in the canvas editor, but not in the phone. Phone's screenshot below.

 

What exactly would I type in the dropdown's OnChange property?

 

mobilismexico_0-1658142651850.png

 

 

 

Try Refresh(DataSourceName)

Gotcha. Sorry. Tried it. 

No, it comes back with NoDataText. This is something else...

I found it.

 

It was abput the List permissions.

 

In the computer I am signed in with a Global Admin account. In the device I'm signed in with a User account. The user did not have Edit permissions in the List. It had Limited permissions as a Guest. I elevated the permission to Edit and it started to work.

 

thank you, anyway, @phipps0218 

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (4,056)