cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arshad2
Helper I
Helper I

date and time is been updated wrong in the sharepoint

the date and time is been selected by the user but updated in the sharepoint list wrongly, i tried to change the column to text but it is not returning the time as time is very important. please help me to write the update property to get the selected time and date. note: due to organizational setting restriction,  i am unable to change the region settings

arshad2_2-1658896927609.png

arshad2_1-1658896683277.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @arshad2,

Since you don't have access to the Region settings in your SPO list, I think the only way is to format Date and time column into a new Single-line-of-text column to save the selected date time from Power Apps.

1). Refresh the data source in Power Apps to get the latest column type changes

2). Modify the Update property as below:

Text(DateValue1.SelectedDate + Time(Value(HourValue1.Selected.Value), Value(MinuteValue1.Selected.Value), 0),"m/d/yyyy hh:mm AM/PM")
Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
metsshan
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

What is the issue with the value being saved in SharePoint? In the screenshot you shared, I can see a time portion.

the time is not the selected time from the form, when the user selects the time from the form, the updated time is one day and half an hour backward. how can i update the sharepoint with the time and date as exact as the user selected 

@metsshan 

Akash17
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

It is probably related to Regional Settings. You can change these at both Site and User levels, I suggest you look these settings up online, there are a few guides eg: https://www.spguides.com/sharepoint-online-regional-settings 

Let us know if this helps you find the answer. I expect the time zone being used by your PowerApps users is different from the users of SharePoint.

i also think the same that the time zone is different in the powerapp and sharepoint. unfortunately i dont have access to update the regional setting of sharepoint. is there any other ways?

@metsshan 

Sorry, I don't think so. Because Date and Time data types are displayed according to timezone settings, if you want to always show the exact date/time a user sees on their screen in PowerApps, I think you would have to store it in a non-DateTime column.

Hi @arshad2,

Since you don't have access to the Region settings in your SPO list, I think the only way is to format Date and time column into a new Single-line-of-text column to save the selected date time from Power Apps.

1). Refresh the data source in Power Apps to get the latest column type changes

2). Modify the Update property as below:

Text(DateValue1.SelectedDate + Time(Value(HourValue1.Selected.Value), Value(MinuteValue1.Selected.Value), 0),"m/d/yyyy hh:mm AM/PM")
Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,295)