cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msv
Helper I
Helper I

date format getting corrupted that I can see in the Azure SQL table when submitted from Powerapps

Hello

When I submit the date from my PowerApp it usually gets submitted in the format 2/19/2021. However sometimes it gets submitted with the format 19/2/2021 that I can see in Azure SQL table. This is impacting my reporting and Power BI reports gets corrupted, where I am using my PowerApp data to build Power BI reports.

So when I go to that corrupted record and resubmit it back again, the date changes back to the correct format that is 2/19/2021.

Not sure what is causing this behavior and how can I avoid it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @msv 

@Meneghino  has a post about international apps and date formatting.   https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Best-DATE-format-for-INTERNATIONAL-app-use/t... .  Since I am the only one using my apps, it hasn't been an issue with me. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @msv 

Is someone else submitting data from your app?

msv
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for your reply.Well its been rolled out to a set of users and yes they are submitting from the form

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@msv 

It is likely the problem with one or more of your users who is in a different country that uses that format for dates.  Check the DateValue() function in PowerApps that converts a date string to a date/time value. 

msv
Helper I
Helper I

ok but how does PowerApp date picker field take different formatted dates when the user enters it from different region/countries?. I believe it needs to be consistent globally right?

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @msv 

@Meneghino  has a post about international apps and date formatting.   https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Best-DATE-format-for-INTERNATIONAL-app-use/t... .  Since I am the only one using my apps, it hasn't been an issue with me. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,453)