cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msv
Helper I
Helper I

date picker defaults back to today's date after an error is encountered while submitting

Hello

I have a date picker field which uses below formula for the default property. If the form is in new mode the date automatically defaults to today's date. But when I clear the date using the clear button and then change the default date by picking a date from the calendar followed by an error on submission of the form then the date field defaults back again to today's date. This happens only when the error is encountered, which I dont want to happen. How can I avoid this behavior?

If(MakeBlank1,Blank(),If(EntryTypeVar="New",Today(),Parent.Default))

Clear button On Select property

UpdateContext ({MakeBlank1:true});Reset(DatePicker6)

Reset button On Select property

UpdateContext ({MakeBlank1:false});

On success property of the form has below formula

UpdateContext({MakeBlank1:false});

On failure property of the form has below formula

On reset property of the form has below formula

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @msv ,

You would need to reset EntryTypeVar on error as if still true will set the date to Today.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

msv
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you for your reply. Do you mean I need to tweak the above formula that I used. Can you please elaborate with the tweaked formula so that I can relate?

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

@msv ,

I cannot see your model, so I do not know where you want the EntryTypeVar retaining its value, but one certainly needing resetting is the on failure of the form

UpdateContext(
   {
      MakeBlank1:false,
      EntryTypeVar:Blank()
   }
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

msv
Helper I
Helper I

I tried above it did not work. I have set the EntryTypeVar on start to New. This is a global variable to set the form to new or edit mode

Set(EntryTypeVar,"New");

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,409)