cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

datepicker and correcting date formatting in excel

I have created a basic App which should allow team members to log project titles, locations and date/time of capture into an Excel spreadsheet and I can get everything to work as I need except for the datepicker.

I have a column in excel for Date of Capture and the app has three screens, browser, edit and create. The create screen allows a user to add a new project, browser allows for searches etc and edit lets users update projects.

I have created a datepicker in the create screen and it is formatted as dd/mm/yyyy and hh:mm entry.

If I create an entry as 15/08/2018 04:30 the saved the date in Excel shows up as

2018-08-15T02:30:00.000Z

When I then view the project to edit it the date does not show up at all.

I'm sure this is a formatting and timezone issue but I can't fathom out the workaround. I tried to format the Excel column for date and time and one of two things happens. Either the App overwrites the formatting or I get an error saying the data is the incorrect format when I try to create the entry in the App.

Similarly I've tried to parse this as text but can't get that to work either. Here are some screen to help show how this is set up and would appreciate any advice or guidance as I've not found this exact issue and others seem to be able to send the correctly formatted data to Excel.

Screen Shot.pngScreen Shot 1.png

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: datepicker and correcting date formatting in excel

Hi @Django_P,

Select the date picker control, and make sure that the Date time zone is set to Local, not UTC. 

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,553)