cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

deleted records from sharepoint list still showing in app

Hello, 

I have an app connected to a sharepoint list and when I was testing the app I created a bunch of test records. 

Now I am ready to roll the app out, I deleted most of the test records from the sharepoint list but they are still showing in the app.

I deleted them from the recycle bin as well but they are still showing. Additionally as a test: I edited a record using the app that had been deleted from the SP list and got a success message, but I still don't see the record back on the SP list. 

pics for reference - 

only 1 item left in SP list

Jbarfield_0-1602078312393.png

2 records showing in app

Jbarfield_1-1602078364286.png

any ideas? how can I delete records in the future from the SP list ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@Jbarfield 

You must have deleted these Items directly inside SharePoint.  When you do this the changes don't appear in Power Apps Studio until you 'refresh' the datasource.  Do this by going to the left side menu, then refresh the SharePoint connector.

If you open the app in Play mode it is not necessary to refresh.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

@Jbarfield 

You must have deleted these Items directly inside SharePoint.  When you do this the changes don't appear in Power Apps Studio until you 'refresh' the datasource.  Do this by going to the left side menu, then refresh the SharePoint connector.

If you open the app in Play mode it is not necessary to refresh.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@Jbarfield 

Have you considered using Refresh function (if you delete your data from PowerApps) or simply refreshing data source to include any Sharepoint change in PowerApps?

I have refreshed the date source and the deleted record is still showing. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,061)