cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abhilash
Helper III
Helper III

dependent dropdown

i'm having two dropdown.. one is showing from dealer table.... 2nd dropdown is from dealer user mapping table....

now i want to show User who is mapped to dealer selected in 1st dropdown....

1st dropdown item formula: Filter('Dealer Masters', 'Dealer Masters (Views)'.'Dealer Master Lookup View')

in 2nd dropdown i tried this formula: 

Filter('Dealer User Mappings', 'Dealer User Mappings (Views)'.'Dealer User Mapping Lookup View','Dealer Master ID'.'Dealer Code'=DataCardValue18.Selected.'Dealer Code')

but i'm getting Dealer mapping id... i tried somany ways to get User... i didn't get...

now i want to show user who is mapped to dealer which is selected in 1st dropdown...

help me.. 

10 REPLIES 10
eka24
Super User
Super User

On the second dropdown items

Filter (Datasource,dealeruser=Dropdown1.Selected.ColumnIn1stDropdown)

If you have issues show screenshot of Items of all the Dropdowns

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

i tried this formula-- Filter('Dealer User Mappings','Dealer User Mappings (Views)'.'Active Dealer User Mappings','Dealer Master ID'.'Dealer Code'=DataCardValue16.Selected.'Dealer Code')

i'm getting dealer user mapping  id only but i wan't to display Username... I checked in properties also there it has only dealer user mapping  id  and status code....

refer the screenshot

there why i don't have user ID as an primary text?? 

Hi @Abhilash :

Could you tell me:

• Have you tried @eka24 's solution?what's the result? Did the app report an error?
  • What is 'Dealer Master ID'?
  • What is the mapping relationship between'Dealer Masters' and'Dealer User Mappings'?
  • Could you provide details of the data structure of the data source?(CDS or SharePoint?Field name?Field Type?Which field in which table?Relation Ship?)

Because I am not quite sure what your specific situation is, I can only provide the following connection for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-filter-lookup#syntax

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Filter-by-lookup-field/td-p/9001

If the problem persists, could you provide more details?

Best Regards,

Bof

1st dropdown is from dealer master table... another dropdown is from dealer user mapping it has relation with dealer master and User table..

every dealer has allotted one user... now i want to show user who is alloted to 1st dropdown selected dealer 

Hi @Abhilash :

Please try this code:

DataCardValue16.Selected.'dealer user mapping'

You can use this code to get the record in the'dealer user mapping' associated with the record selected by dropdown1.

Best Regards,

Bof 

i used the below formula: Filter('Dealer User Mappings','Dealer User Mappings (Views)'.'Active Dealer User Mappings','Dealer Master ID'.'Dealer Code'=DataCardValue16.Selected.'Dealer Code' )

i'm getting "Dealer user Mapping ID" but i wan't to display User ID.... in properties of dropdown it's not showing...???????

Hi @Abhilash :

Because "User ID" is a look up field.

Try:

Lookup('Dealer User Mappings','Dealer User Mappings (Views)'.'Active Dealer User Mappings','Dealer Master ID'.'Dealer Code'=DataCardValue16.Selected.'Dealer Code' ).'User ID'

Best Regards,

Bof

LookUp('Dealer User Mappings','Dealer User Mappings (Views)'.'Active Dealer User Mappings','Dealer Master ID'.'Dealer Code'=DataCardValue16.Selected.'Dealer Code').'User ID'  

i tried this but invalid argument error

i changed to this formula: LookUp('Dealer User Mappings','Dealer Master ID'.'Dealer Master ID'=DataCardValue16.Selected.'Dealer Master ID').'User ID'   i'm getting what i wan't  but while submitting form it is showing error.... i'm using "submit(Form1)" to submit

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (3,452)