cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bravoperss
Helper I
Helper I

design Model Driven App : Entity and Entity View

Can someone clear how Entity and Entity View are to be used while designing the Model Driven App in the designer. Using Designer I add a parent entity to the Sitemap which I notice auto adds an Entity along with Entity View. When run the Model App I am able to navigate to the main parent Entity and also drill down from that form to the child entities(1:N) using their hyperlinks from Form. Was I supposed to add these child Entities  to the Model App Entity list/Entity View as well or is there a need to only add the main Entity that we use to navigate from in the App ?

3 REPLIES 3
PowerAddict
Super User II
Super User II

I strongly suggest you add those as well to the entities section within your site map.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
The Power Addict
https://thepoweraddict.com

Thanks. I would like to add them but want to know if I need to add them as there are few limits on how many entities we can add in certain apps.

How strange we are supposed to start using Model Driven Apps from October this year for crm online and yet there is so little basic information available for developers out here .

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (66,323)