cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaikrahiman1
Level: Powered On

display Sharepoint list items without gallery

Hi, 

I am a kind of newbee with powerapps, I got a situation.
I have some rows with around 10 coloumns in a sharepoint list. Earlier I used to display that data in Galllery and there by after filtering with some condition I used to update the row on a Form.

Requiremnet: Now, I dont want to use gallery anymore. But, I want to display the selected row data(kind of filtering or searching) directly into a edit form or a view form.

Description: In a first screen I will have a Text Input field, where i give the input to search in a coloumn of sharepoint list. I dont want to see if that item is presnt in the coloumn or not, But with a click on a button it has to redirect me with all the data of the respective row in the sharepoint list to a new screen into an Edit form where I can update the data back to the list.

Note: I know that collections, lookups need gallery. I dont want to use gallery at all.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: display Sharepoint list items without gallery

@shaikrahiman1 

Collections and Lookups do not need a Gallery.

What you want to do is possible.  Simply put the formula in your Edit form Item property to lookup the record in the datasource.

I'm not sure what values or fields you will be referencing in your Text Input control, but you would simply use that to do your lookup.

Ex. If your text input is for an ID then your formula on the Form Item property would be:

Lookup(dataSource, ID=TextInputx.Text)

If you have more specifics on the type of field you are looking up from the textinput and have more questions, please post back.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: display Sharepoint list items without gallery

@shaikrahiman1 

Collections and Lookups do not need a Gallery.

What you want to do is possible.  Simply put the formula in your Edit form Item property to lookup the record in the datasource.

I'm not sure what values or fields you will be referencing in your Text Input control, but you would simply use that to do your lookup.

Ex. If your text input is for an ID then your formula on the Form Item property would be:

Lookup(dataSource, ID=TextInputx.Text)

If you have more specifics on the type of field you are looking up from the textinput and have more questions, please post back.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,136)