cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ben-00-38
Resolver I
Resolver I

display calculated value on powerapps.

hello I have a format problem between the list and powerapps.
the value is a calculated value in the list: ok
problem display in powerapps adds bcp of 0.
list = 2632.50
powerapps 2632.50000

how to display the correct value 2632.50 in powerapps.

the problem is only on calculated values ​​of sharepoint lists.

a1.png

a2.png

a3.png

14 REPLIES 14
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@timl 

My eyes are not what they used to be!! 🤓  I thought that was a period in the list image!  Now I see it better.

Yes, that is the issue there.  But instead of the substitute, I might suggest:

Value(ThisItem.PVU, "fr-FR")

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
timl
Super User
Super User

Thanks @RandyHayes - I guess your eyes aren't what they used to be as you're spending too much time here!!

Thanks for the good suggestion - it's pretty clear what you're suggesting here, and I think this is what you meant 🙂
Value(ThisItem.PVU, "en")

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@timl 

Yes, way too much screen time these days!!

I'm not sure that the "en" is what is needed.  The "fr-FR" should be it.  Telling the Value function what the locale is will force it to convert it to the appropriate value based on the format.

If I do : Value("123,11", "fr-FR") I get 123.11

If I do:  Value("123,11", "EN")  I get 12311

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @RandyHayes 

The way I see the problem is like this. The target runtime environment is French. Therefore, calling Value("123,11") would effectively be the same as Value("123,11", "fr-FR").

The complicated thing here is that Power Apps returns the SharePoint calculated field in English format. Because of this mismatch, it's necessary to specify Value("123.11", "en") to carry out the conversion.
My earlier hack basically converted the English format to French, which then enabled Value to work, without needing to specify an additional language code.

with
Value (ThisItem.PA; "fr-FR")
the display is blank.

Value ("2632.50"; "fr-FR")
= 2632.5

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,046)