cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1392022_rowep
Frequent Visitor

display empty record for visual cue

Hi!

I have a power app connected to a share point list with different projects. I have a gallery that filters the projects by ID and sorts them by last modified and Template Fill configured to color the selected project, and an edit form with three buttons used to edit existing records, add copies of existing records and create new entries. When I add a copy of that project I have to select the project from the gallery, press the Add button, which just puts the form in edit mode, and then press save. But the problem that I can't figure out how to solve is that I would like to have an empty record in the gallery, after I press Add, to create a visual cue for the user that they are creating a copy and not editing the one that they wanted to copy. Everything works well except that when I press Add to create the copy it looks like I'm editing the existing one. Is there any way I can do that? 

Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @1392022_rowep ,

If you want to add a visual cue when creating a copy, you might consider setting a variable when the second button is clicked, then adding a label control to the screen to display this variable, and finally setting the variable to null after submitting the copy.

vyujincuimsft_0-1663142255045.png

Best Regards,

Charlie Choi

View solution in original post

1392022_rowep
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much for your response! I found a solution using the patch function and I incorporated it into a button that patches the selected record into a copy record, then sets the form in edit mode, so the user can make changes if they want (that is the requirement), and then another button to submit the changes. And when I press the Add Copy button I can see the new record in the gallery, as it is patched. I will try your method too, maybe it is more simple so I don't have to use a big patch formula. Thank you again!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @1392022_rowep ,

If you want to add a visual cue when creating a copy, you might consider setting a variable when the second button is clicked, then adding a label control to the screen to display this variable, and finally setting the variable to null after submitting the copy.

vyujincuimsft_0-1663142255045.png

Best Regards,

Charlie Choi

1392022_rowep
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much for your response! I found a solution using the patch function and I incorporated it into a button that patches the selected record into a copy record, then sets the form in edit mode, so the user can make changes if they want (that is the requirement), and then another button to submit the changes. And when I press the Add Copy button I can see the new record in the gallery, as it is patched. I will try your method too, maybe it is more simple so I don't have to use a big patch formula. Thank you again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,104)