cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

display list of all groups

Hello,

To try and teach myself this platform I decided to build apps to automate tedious tasks for our service desk.  I decided to start with a app for them to add users to a group.  I have the automation worked out on the azure/runbook side, but for ease of use and to limit human error I want to have the service desk people select both the users and groups from a drop down. 

For the users I am using the Office 365 Users connector.  I am using a Combo box and in Items I have:  Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm: UserInput.SearchText}).DisplayName and this seems to be working. 

I have not been able to get anything to work for displaying a list of all of out groups.

Has anyone done something similar?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: display list of all groups

Here is a solution (albeit maybe a little more complex than you intended, but a great solution to learn!)

Follow this tutorial, but instead use the Graph API call for "all groups in my organization".
https://gotoguy.blog/2017/12/17/access-microsoft-graph-api-using-custom-connector-in-powerapps-and-f...

This is the only solution I know of that will return ALL groups in the organization, not just ones you belong to or own.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@jpragsdale 

There's actually an entirely separate connector for Office 365 groups with these options:

Add member to group

This operation is used to add a member to an O365 group, using a UPN.

Create a group event

This operation is used to create a new event in a group calendar.

Create a group event (V2)

This operation is used to create a new event in a group calendar.

List group members

This operation returns a list of all members in the given group and their details such as name, title, email, etc.

List groups that I owned and belong to

This operation returns a list of all groups that you own and belong to.

List my owned groups

This operation returns a list of all groups that you own.

Remove member from group

This operation is used to remove a member from an O365 group, using a UPN.

Link to MS Docs for Office365 Groups

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365groups/

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Here is a solution (albeit maybe a little more complex than you intended, but a great solution to learn!)

Follow this tutorial, but instead use the Graph API call for "all groups in my organization".
https://gotoguy.blog/2017/12/17/access-microsoft-graph-api-using-custom-connector-in-powerapps-and-f...

This is the only solution I know of that will return ALL groups in the organization, not just ones you belong to or own.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@mdevaney Thanks!

I saw this, but id didnt look like this would allow me to just list all of the groups we have.  But now that I look closer, it looks like I may be able to use the top option.  Thanks again, I'll dig deeper.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@EricLott Thanks!

I saw this tutorial but was having issues getting it to work.  I'll dig deeper and see if I can get it working.  At least I appear to be on the right track.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Good deal. Graph is VERY powerful and with great power comes great complexity. Once you get that first custom connector working you'll feel like a million bucks.

After you do your first connection and understand the process, you open yourself up to a huge catalog of extremely powerful tools.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,868)