cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peakoverload
Frequent Visitor

div class showing in datacardvalue

I'm a complete newbie whose stumbled into PowerApps simply because I wanted to create a custom form for a Sharepoint list.

I have a column in my Sharepoint List called Narrators and it's type is set to Multiple lines of text.

When I created the custom form app from this, the datacardvalue for this column displays in the app as <div class="ExternalClass.....

I understand that this is the division for the multiple lines of text but how do I get this to display as a multi line text box and not as code? I've set it's mode to Multiline but the code is still showing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Peakoverload ,

That is because the text stored in Multiple lines of text is HTML Text, you need to replace the Text Input in data card by RichTextEditor to display or edit HTML text. Please try this.

1. unlock the data card

2. add a RichTextEditor in it, set Default property: Parent.Default

3. delete the original text input control, modify Update property of data card: RichTextEditor1.HtmlText

4. modify the Y property of ErrorMessage: RichTextEditor1.Y + RichTextEditor1.Height

Snipaste_2020-08-12_11-07-44.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Peakoverload
Frequent Visitor

Hmm, just found that this only happens for existing records where this column is blank. For new records it display correctly.

Hi @Peakoverload ,

That is because the text stored in Multiple lines of text is HTML Text, you need to replace the Text Input in data card by RichTextEditor to display or edit HTML text. Please try this.

1. unlock the data card

2. add a RichTextEditor in it, set Default property: Parent.Default

3. delete the original text input control, modify Update property of data card: RichTextEditor1.HtmlText

4. modify the Y property of ErrorMessage: RichTextEditor1.Y + RichTextEditor1.Height

Snipaste_2020-08-12_11-07-44.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

Yay! Perfect, thank you. Really appreciate that as I was pretty stumped there.

Ivy1986
Frequent Visitor

I've stumped at this issue for a while either. My solution to set the default as "PlainText(Parent.Default)". This formula helps to remove html tags and display only text.

This is such a beautifully simple solution! Exactly what I was looking for, especially since I do not want rich text and my SharePoint list data ultimately is used in excel worksheets. You are fantastic!

I successfully used PlainText(Parent.Default) on all of my multi-line boxes and eliminated the HTML coding.

😎

Its really helpful for me, without any changes in column level we able to show data.

thank you for posting this answer.

This is very helpful. Ty.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (4,753)