cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

downloading attachments from sharepoint

Right now i can click on an edit icon for a gallery item, it pulls up a form, i can add an attachment, and when i submit it returns to the gallery screen and an icon appears indicating there is an attachment for that item. I want to be able to click on that icon and immediately view or at least download the attachment associated with that item in the gallery. The best i can do is link to the sharepoint item that has the attachments allllll the way at the bottom. 😐 Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KyleJ ,

1. add an icon in the gallery

2. set it visible property:  ThisItem.'Has attachments' 

3. set it OnSelect property: Launch(First(ThisItem.Attachments).AbsoluteUri)

Note: Even though you said you just add an attachment, it can be multiple, so it is a table, we have to use First function to get the first attachments URL.

Snipaste_2020-01-03_15-24-24.png

If you have to open other attachments, you can add pop-up box(gallery) to show all attachments when you click the icon.

1. set OnVisible of screen: Set(Var,false)

2. Set OnSelect of Icon: Set(Var,!Var);ClearCollect(ColAtt,ThisItem.Attachments)

3. Add gallery, set Items property: ColAtt

4. Set OnSelect of Gallery: Launch(ThisItem.AbsoluteUri)

Then, it will be like this:StoG_16.gif

Sik

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi @KyleJ 

I don't believe that would be possible. The attachments control on a form doesn't have any process that you could call on a button, it is a specialized control that handles how it uploads and downloads in the background. You also can't put it on a gallery item, the way you can with other columns. 

---
Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post answered your question! If my post was helpful please consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KyleJ ,

1. add an icon in the gallery

2. set it visible property:  ThisItem.'Has attachments' 

3. set it OnSelect property: Launch(First(ThisItem.Attachments).AbsoluteUri)

Note: Even though you said you just add an attachment, it can be multiple, so it is a table, we have to use First function to get the first attachments URL.

Snipaste_2020-01-03_15-24-24.png

If you have to open other attachments, you can add pop-up box(gallery) to show all attachments when you click the icon.

1. set OnVisible of screen: Set(Var,false)

2. Set OnSelect of Icon: Set(Var,!Var);ClearCollect(ColAtt,ThisItem.Attachments)

3. Add gallery, set Items property: ColAtt

4. Set OnSelect of Gallery: Launch(ThisItem.AbsoluteUri)

Then, it will be like this:StoG_16.gif

Sik

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,084)