cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdanielhdezr
Frequent Visitor

drop down not show more than 30 items

hi everyone. i have a drop down that fills with a distinct function. the result only shows me the first 30 items, same result if i extract the items by a filter. my data source is a excel table.

any ideas? thanks

5 REPLIES 5
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @jdanielhdezr ,

How many items do you have in your data source? Since the Distinct function is not delegable, it may be that the Data Row Limit is cutting you short. Typically only the first 500 items are evaluated due to this, but it can be raised to 2000.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@jdanielhdezr 

If you are limited because your table has too many rows, ie. a delegation issue with Distinct(), the simplest way to get your items is to use Power Query on your Excel table:  Remove all the columns except the one you are interested in.  Then remove duplicated rows from that column, save it as a separate table and then import it into PowerApps.  You can use the new table as the Items property of your dropdown.  As a separate table, you will be able to add new Items to it from within PowerApps should that become necessary.

FYI: Distinct() is not a delegatable function and limits at a table size of 500 records by default and 2000 records maximum.  None of the records beyond the limit will be considered. 

hi. the table has 20790 rows, but I expect the distinct function retrieves me only 51 . the column i need to query has only 51 rows with data

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@jdanielhdezr 

There are no such limits on Power Query regarding table size.  

You've given me an idea. the data does not change at any time, the dropdown options are static over the time (catalog type). what I going to do is a separate and static table with the list data that I need

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,612)