cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stebro1986
Helper I
Helper I

dropdown list to bring back relevant values depending on what was typed in another card

hi all

wondering whether you could help me.

I've got Dropdown box  (dropdown 6), I want to link that to a list the distinct Values to my SharePoint list called (Master L2 to L5)

but I want Dropdown6 to only bring back the values which contains the value in DataCardValue16_1

i.e. If I enter "123" in DataCardValue16_1, I only want Dropdown6 to show me the relevant values showing "123"

I was wondering if you could help me with the formula please

5 REPLIES 5
jcfDaniel
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi,

Disctinct is not delegable, so be aware of that.

Taht said, you can leverage the Default property of that dropdown to show a value and also set AllowEmptySelection for when no value is found.

Lookup( Table/Collection, Column = DataCardValue16_1.Text ).ColumnToShow

Regards

sorry just to confirm table means my sharepoint list? what is meant by Collection? and I presume Column is the data, I want to bring back?

jcfDaniel
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Yes, Table/Collection stand for datasource (your list, in this case).

LookUp('Master L2 to L5','Org L5' =Dropdown6.SelectedText.Value).'Org L5')

it's not working

basically Dropdown 6 will just bring the relevant values which contains 123 in the Org L5

so if the end user in Datacardvalue16, enters 123, the Dropdown6 could bring back Dept A 123 or Dept B 123

jcfDaniel
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Remove the last ")" 

What kind of data type is Org L5? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,871)