cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ereyaz
Frequent Visitor

duplicate items are showing in drop down - Intermittent Issue

Hi Team,

I am facing the issue with the drop down. There are two drop down and based on first drop down selection the second drop down is populating and become enabled for item selection.

The problem is when I am opening the second drop down, the items of drop down are showing multiple times for each item. I am binding the drop down from collection where the collection having unique records.

First Drop down OnChange event formula:

-----------------------------------------------------

ClearCollect(CategoryView,{Category_Id : -1, Category_Name : "-- Select Category --"});
Collect(CategoryView, SortByColumns('[Schema1].[CATEGORY_VIEW]',"Category_Name",Ascending));

Set(EnableInnCategory,true);

Second drop down Formula for enabling/disabling:

-----------------------------------------------------

Display Mode formula:

If(EnableInnCategory = true, DisplayMode.Edit,DisplayMode.Disabled)

Item event formula:

CategoryView

During my analysis. Normally it wrok fine on chrome but not in IE 11 sometime when I made multiple click over the second drop down before it get enabled. This issue is also captured on normal single clikck when it get enabled after execution of first drop down formulas.

Screen attached.

Also found some link but there was no exact answer why this is coming...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Intermittent-Issue-drop-down-choices-duplication/t...
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Issue-with-drop-downs-duplicating/td-p/296217

Regards,

Reyaz

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@ereyaz 

That does seem to be a rare one.  I suppose that you are not able to replicate the issue at-will and that it is totally intermittent.

One thing you *might* try to do is to put a Reset(yourSecondDropdownControlName) right after your collect statements in your OnChange action formula.  May or may not be helpful.

I hope that it is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

I had this same thing happen to me recently. Totally intermittent. I think the solution was to copy and paste the control. Then the issue went away!

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ereyaz ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think there may have something issue with the formula you provided.

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please consider modify your formula as below:

Set the OnChange property of the first Dropdown box to following:

Clear(CategoryView);
Collect(
CategoryView,
{Category_Id : -1, Category_Name : "-- Select Category --"},
SortByColumns('[Schema1].[CATEGORY_VIEW]',"Category_Name", Ascending)
);
Set(EnableInnCategory, true)

Set the Items property of the second Dropdown box to following:

CategoryView

Please consider take a try with above solution, then try your app again, check if the issue is solved.

Also please consider turn off the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option and "Explicit column selection" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-publish your app, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ereyaz
Frequent Visitor

Thanks RandyHayes, seadude and v-xida-msft

Two solutions out of 3 did not worked for me (new control and Reset option) also tested by clearing cache multiple times after the change.

It seems, this is bug with Drop Down. I try to replicate the same issue with Combo box and did not found a sigle  time repeatign behavoir.

@v-xida-msft:

Can you please suggest me more on "Improved app rendering (final validation)". Currently it is On.
What happen if i wil make it off? Will it switch to classic mode or in Improved version.
If it will switch to classic mode then the setting is shwoing "Classic renedering will be going away soon".

I will check with your suggestion tomorrow.

Best Regards,
Reyaz

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (49,293)