cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Digvijay
Advocate II
Advocate II

edit form Gallery.Selected

After the PowerApp Release 2.0.711, the Item property of Edit form is prompting error for Gallery.Selected statement.

Error Msg - "Invalid Formula. Expected a value compatible with 'DataSource'".

If we edit the working App in PowerApps studio or web. It is start showing error in Item Property of Edit Form.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Digvijay,

Please make sure the Gallery(items property) and the EidtForm (DataSource property) are all connected to the same Data Source.

The error message should mean the schema does not match.

Basically, item property of EditForm control is the record from the tabled added under DataSource property of the same EditForm control.

For more information about forms, please check:

Understand data forms in Microsoft PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Digvijay,

Please make sure the Gallery(items property) and the EidtForm (DataSource property) are all connected to the same Data Source.

The error message should mean the schema does not match.

Basically, item property of EditForm control is the record from the tabled added under DataSource property of the same EditForm control.

For more information about forms, please check:

Understand data forms in Microsoft PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi there,
Does this mean that if my gallery uses the powerbiintegration, I need to have my form to point to powerbiintegration as a source as well? Unfortunately, I am unable to make that work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,850)