Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeanYouni
Helper I
Helper I

editing existing records

Hi,

I created a Power apps from a sharepoint list, in the power apps I have 2 drop down lists, 1 for salesman and 1 for customers.

when I try to edit the records the 2 drop downs always revert back to the first name in the list.

how can I keep the values of those 2 drop down list when I click to edit the record?

Thanks

Jean Youni

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JeanYouni ,

What is the item property of two dropdowns?

As @eka24 mentioned above, you should modify the default property of the dropdown to Parent.Default or ThisItem.Sales

Sik

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
eka24
Super User
Super User

Dropdowns always select the first item. However you can put a value in the default of the dropdown. With that, the dropdown will first select what you have put in the default.

Then Can I block those 2 drop down list from being edited and edit the rest of the fields?

Yes until the default of the dropdown I changed, that item would be there. You can give further explanation if it does not satisfy your request

would you please provide more details since I am new to Powerapps.

Thanks

Please can you provide a screenshot. Is it a gallery or dropdown. A screenshot will help
JeanYouni
Helper I
Helper I

OK it's quite clear now. Select the dropdown and on the default property check if is Parent.Default . I assume the dropdowns are also inside the EditForm

Default is "1"

Hi @JeanYouni ,

What is the item property of two dropdowns?

As @eka24 mentioned above, you should modify the default property of the dropdown to Parent.Default or ThisItem.Sales

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,268)