cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

email CDS PDF atachments

I have a CDS custom entity that allows attachments which I use to store PDF docs for associated records.

In my PowerApps program upon selection of the CDS record, I show the attached PDF doc to user with the PDFViewer control.  I would like to allow the user to send the PDF attachment shown via Email.

Is this possible?

Many thanks!

Larry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @lknudson2 ,

Could you please share more about your scenario? Do you want to send Email to current user of the App with attachment of a PDF file which is shown in the PDF reader control when associated record has been selected? Do all users have the O365 Exchange online license?

If all users have the O365 Exchange online license, you could use a Office365Outlook.SendEmail method to let user send an Email to itself with the PDF filed attached.

I made a test on my side:

1. Add Office365Outlook connector into data sources.
  2. I added a Dropdown Box named Dropdown1 and set its Items to the Entity which holds the PDF files as attachments.
  3. Using the Pdf Viewer Control, and set its Document property to below and the PDF file is shown in the control

First(LookUp(EntityName,FieldName=Dropdown1.Selected.FieldName).'{Attachments}').Value

44.jpg

4. At last, I added a button with its OnSelect set to:

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(User().Email,"Subject","Body",{Attachments:AddColumns(Dropdown1.Selected.Attachments,"Name", DisplayName, "ContentBytes", Value, "@odata.type", "")})

Received an Email with PDF file attachment after clicking the Button:

45.png

You could reference to below link to catch the whole steps:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Webinars-and-Video-Gallery/Send-email-with-multiple-attachments/...

Best regards,
Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @lknudson2 ,

Yes is Possible.

Please have a look into the below-mentioned Video URL. for Details regarding how to send a mail with attachment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws6xEr5N1cU

Thanks,
 Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @lknudson2 ,

Could you please share more about your scenario? Do you want to send Email to current user of the App with attachment of a PDF file which is shown in the PDF reader control when associated record has been selected? Do all users have the O365 Exchange online license?

If all users have the O365 Exchange online license, you could use a Office365Outlook.SendEmail method to let user send an Email to itself with the PDF filed attached.

I made a test on my side:

1. Add Office365Outlook connector into data sources.
  2. I added a Dropdown Box named Dropdown1 and set its Items to the Entity which holds the PDF files as attachments.
  3. Using the Pdf Viewer Control, and set its Document property to below and the PDF file is shown in the control

First(LookUp(EntityName,FieldName=Dropdown1.Selected.FieldName).'{Attachments}').Value

44.jpg

4. At last, I added a button with its OnSelect set to:

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(User().Email,"Subject","Body",{Attachments:AddColumns(Dropdown1.Selected.Attachments,"Name", DisplayName, "ContentBytes", Value, "@odata.type", "")})

Received an Email with PDF file attachment after clicking the Button:

45.png

You could reference to below link to catch the whole steps:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Webinars-and-Video-Gallery/Send-email-with-multiple-attachments/...

Best regards,
Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,940)