cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdnd2000
Helper III
Helper III

email address validation

Hi, I am looking to function to validate email address, for example as below, I need compare the string after the string "@", please advise. 

test@gmail.com  --valid

test@ongmail.com --invalid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @sdnd2000 

I used a fictitious contact list called FakeNames for the example and pulled the back half of the email addresses out using the split() function.  It produces a table with a single column called "Result". I then  added them to the list using the AddColumns() function to produce the Items of the gallery. : I called the split email address "url" and the list of valid addresses "addrss" and it consisted of only deleo.com, aol.com, and cox.net.  If you have a list of valid email strings following the "@" you can compare a list of email addresses against the valid ones as follows

In the example, the ones matching are red and the others are green. 

_2.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @sdnd2000 

I used a fictitious contact list called FakeNames for the example and pulled the back half of the email addresses out using the split() function.  It produces a table with a single column called "Result". I then  added them to the list using the AddColumns() function to produce the Items of the gallery. : I called the split email address "url" and the list of valid addresses "addrss" and it consisted of only deleo.com, aol.com, and cox.net.  If you have a list of valid email strings following the "@" you can compare a list of email addresses against the valid ones as follows

In the example, the ones matching are red and the others are green. 

_2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,389)