Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JerryH
Resolver III
Resolver III

error in formula

Hi Team, 

I cannot seem to get my formula to work.

The code looks up the Serial Number and then should produce a result. I am using Distinct or Filter, but none seem to work?

Formula.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JerryH ,

It would have been good to post that error initially - it is a Data Connection issue of some sort and yes, SharePoint makes all this go away (most of it anyway) - I have a blog that may interest you.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Thanks Warren, moving to Sharepoint worked. No issues.

7 REPLIES 7
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @JerryH ,

I assume that both 'Meter Type' and 'Meter Serial Number' are Single Line of Text fields? If so the only thing I can see is that you should be using .Selected as .SelectedText is deprecated.

Distinct(
   Filter(
      Table1_2,
      'Meter Serial Number' = Dropdown1.Selected.Result
   ),
   'Meter Type'
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

JerryH
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi WarrenBelz
Humbled to have a response from you 🙂

I still have the same error. Please see datasource snip and code.

v1.PNGExcel.PNG

Hey @JerryH ,

I tried to build your scenario in a test and I couldnt see any difference, except of the "Result". Have you tried Value instead of result of your dropdown?

powercorner_0-1633596067394.png

I have built a simple table: 

powercorner_1-1633596112668.png

And the dropdown is also set to "DropDownSample" and contains Values (1,2,3)

Maybe this helps?

With regards
Kevin

Hi @JerryH ,

Assuming that your Drop-down is a Distinct Filter (it would show an error if not), then .Result is the correct output (more on that below). Looking at the screen shot of your Excel table (despite the terrible data source as Excel is at times), you seem to have two Text columns in 'Meter Serial Number' and 'Meter Type'. I assume that the Table is named Table1_2.

The error seems to be that the filter is expecting a Text value, so either 'Meter Serial Number' is not Text (but it is) there is something wrong with the drop-down. So my question is what are the Items of Dropdown1 and are any of the assumptions above incorrect?

Also @powercorner , Result is the output of a Distinct filter - you might have a read of this blog of mine.

JerryH
Resolver III
Resolver III

• HI Warren, 
    I can change the Datasource to Sharepoint, would that be better?errors.jpeg
  • Meter Serial Number' and 'Meter Type are both TEXT columns
  • Table is named Table1_2
  • Dropdown1 is the different serial numbers associated with that particular site.
  • Attached is also a screen snip of errors when loading the APP.

I may need to start from scratch and use SP as a Datasource?

Cheers

Jerry

Hi @JerryH ,

It would have been good to post that error initially - it is a Data Connection issue of some sort and yes, SharePoint makes all this go away (most of it anyway) - I have a blog that may interest you.

Thanks Warren, moving to Sharepoint worked. No issues.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,688)