cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K-Bejma
Frequent Visitor

error when saving data because name is too long

I am building app with offline mode so I am using SaveData and LoadData functions.
I have problem with SavaData function - when I launch my app on the phone there is an "error when saving data because name is too long".
I have tried comment specify SaveData(...) to check which one causes the problem, and problem repeats when any SaveData is in use. I have also tried replace this functions from Onstart to OnVisible on first screen but also does not work.
I am using similar functions on Online/Offline switch on property OnChange and there are not any errors. One curious thing is I see an error but everything works fine.
Maybe there is a way to turn off this notification about error?
I also have tried to change long names for that which have max 10 characters.

5 REPLIES 5
danielbazetto
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @K-Bejma , 

Can you try to make a test and provide "true" at the end, not sure if that would work but I've seen a similar issue where they managed to overcome an error message with the argument like this: LoadData(_formDataCollect,"formDataCollectInLocation", true).

Hi, @danielbazetto 

That works only in LoadData() function and I am using in some cases, but it does not work for SaveData() function. 

Hi @K-Bejma 

I'm having the same problem. It's any solution for this issue?

Hi @IzertisDev ,
I have remove that one SaveData() function which cause an error because I realize I do not need this in this part of the code.

Thanks

I also remove it.

It looses some offline capabilities but is better than show the error to the users.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,496)