cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmitLoh-Powerap
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

excel addin powerapps does not work with excel 2013

excel addin powerapps does not work with excel 2013-only works with excel 2016.

Is there any chance to have it working in excel 2013

11 REPLIES 11
AmitLoh-Powerap
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Also we also need ability to see this data in UI(not only in excel). All users can not have excel 2016.

Sorry but could you clarify "does not work". I am not aware of any issues with Excel import, for any version.

Sorry, Microsoft PowerApps Office Add-in requires a more recent version of Microsoft Office:

• Excel 2016 or later

Oh I see, you are talking about this:

https://store.office.com/en-us/app.aspx?assetid=WA104380330&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&appredirect=fals...

That page says "Office 2016 is required because of Add-in API requirements"

As pointed out earlier, "Office 2016 is required because of Add-in API requirements" is mentioned on https://store.office.com/en-us/app.aspx?assetid=WA104380330&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&appredirect=fals...

We had to make Excel 2016 a hard requirement because the Office team added APIs we needed only in Excel 2016. In addition, ADFS support was added in May, so a recent version of Excel 2016 is required if your company uses ADFS.

If you have an Office 365 license, then installing desktop Office via that license will give you Excel 2016.

- Chris

is there any possibility to see this data in UI? Salesforce has this feature to see the master data in UI.

An entity "Data" viewer/editor within the PowerApps portal is in development and will be available soon.

great! thank you! 

another issue is this addin does not work with IE10.

The version of Internet Explorer being used is not supported. Please update Internet Explorer to a newer version.

Now on windows server 2012 IE11 is not supported. To edit in excel I now need to have windows 7 and with IE11 and with office 2016 then only I can edit the data. I hope UI based editing is enabled before GA.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,085)