cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aspatank

expected output not visible in powerapps form

I have a 'view selection' datacard in my powerapps form which is a lookup value from a sharepoint list.
The 'PO-number-x:PO-year-end-provision' looks up the po number in the list and gives the matching value for the year-end provision.
When the form is filled, the data is updated in the sharepoint list but not displayed in the form, as it should be displayed automatically when i put in the po number.
attaching the needed screenshots, would be grateful if somenody could help me. 

13 REPLIES 13
poweractivate
Super User II
Super User II

@aspatank 

Check in case that the following helps:

1) If the form DefaultMode or current form mode is set to FormMode.New it will not be intended for displaying an existing record, even if the Item property of the Form is populated, all values will be blank. Try to change the DefaultMode to FormMode.Edit or FormMode.View. Or to change this from runtime use the EditForm or ViewForm functions  from somewhere in the app such as OnSelect of the button and after the SubmitForm.

2) In case #1 did not help above, check about what way are you submitting the form? Are you using SubmitForm or Patch? 

3) In case the change is being made from another user that is using the app on different device, change may not automatically show on the other user or device's App - to achieve this, you may need to use Refresh function on the data source, from somewhere in the App, such as from an auto-repeating timer OnTimerEnd to capture changes made by other devices or users concurrently and to automatically update the form that way.

Check if above helps @aspatank 

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@aspatank 

The one screenshot you did not provide was your DefaultSelectedItems property of your DataCardValue3 combobox control.

Since it is based on a Choices function, make sure that your DefaultSelectedItems property of the control is set to : 

Parent.Default

I am assuming that your datacard in your EditForm is based on the PO number column that you indicated and that it is a Choice column (also that it is a single choice column and not a multi-choice/checkbox column).

If that does not work and any of the assumptions above are not correct, please clarify.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

Hello,

The form is already set to FormMode.Edit. 

I am submitting the form using SubmitForm.

I have also tried refreshing the data, but that doesnt work too.

Not sure what's the problem here.

Thanks.

Hi Randy,

The DefaultSelectItems property is already set to Parent.Default.

Also, you are right about the po-number column, it is a dropdown value (single-choice) and looks up the value in a sharepoint list.

Thanks.

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@aspatank 

Very good.  Yes, there is no need to Refresh the datasource as you are writing the values in your app.

So, my question is...are you certain that the value you are writing from the ComboBox is being written to the datasource?  

Check the following:

1) The Default property of your DataCard should be set to: ThisItem.PO_x002d_number_x002d_x_x003a_PO4 (or its friendlier name)

2) The DefaultSelectedItems property of your DataCardValue3 combobox should be Parent.Default (you've verified this - thank you)

3) The Update Property of your DataCard should be : DataCardValue3.SelectedItems

4) The Items property of your DataCard should be : Choices([@'PO-Invoices_2'].PO_x002d_number_x002d_x_x003a_PO4) (which you have also verified).

Please verify all of the above and clarify that all is as expected, or change accordingly.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Hi Randy,

I'm getting an error when I do the changes.

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@aspatank 

Sorry...forgot that it was single select choice column...

Change that formula to DataCardValue3.Selected

The second picture is not an error, that is just normal with the Formula Editor.

Hey Randy, 

I made all the changes as you suggested, still no luck.

The value is again getting updated in the list, but not in the form when I put in the PO-number.

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@aspatank 

I'm about to call it a night here, but put together some screenshots of your Column definition in SharePoint (list settings -> click on column to edit).  A screenshot of the combobox items property, and defautselecteitems property. And a screenshot of the Default and Update property of the Datacard.

I will take a look at them first thing in the morning (here).

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (74,060)