cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexaristides
Frequent Visitor

expense report

Hi guys, I have been having troubles with the flow of this expense report app, I created the lists as the document says. I have done all the steps well, but when I click submit  in order to get the Approval, the flow fails... and give this error 

message The passed-in field \Cost_x0020_center\ could not be found

please, if someone could help me out,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

excelent!!!, FLOW works properly, 

thank you!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@alexaristides 

Can you provide more details about how you are submitting and calling the Flow?  Also, are you referring to the Expense Report Template in PowerApps, or is this something you have designed yourself?

The more formulas and error messages and screenshots you can provide, the better.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

well, I am using the Expense Report template in PowerApps, in order to customize for my company ...I created the lists (expenses and LineItems) as the document says, I did the connectios, I connect my site (sharepoint). The app runs well, I can create a new expense, I can add line items, but when I send to approval (submit), the flow fails and can not change the status of the expense.

@alexaristides 

So the Flow for ApproveExpense does not take any parameters other than the ID of the expense item.

Where are you seeing this error? (perhaps a screenshot)

Have you modified the Flow properly and/or added any parameters to it?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

I see this error in the condition control, the part to change the status to "approval" is not working ... and says that the Center Cost field is not found, I already tried with spaces (Center Cost), and with no spaces (CenterCost), but this keep on fail,

thaks

@alexaristides 

You should have this in that step...

alexaristides1.png

If you don't, then "x" it out and then choose the Dynamic Content item (scroll down until you see) Cost Center Value.

This dynamic content is coming direct from SharePoint, so, Flow knows and you should just be selecting it from that list.

If that is not successful, then perhaps take a look at the Cost Center column you created.  It should be a Choice Column.

excelent!!!, FLOW works properly, 

thank you!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (29,962)