Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SkiDK
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

export changes from one app to another

Hey all,

I have two apps. One is for developing called DEV and the other one for production called PROD. 

Basically, everything that gets developed and approved in the DEV app, will then get updated in the PROD app which is widely used. 

I was wondering if it was somehow possible to transfer all the new developments from DEV to PROD. In case a new feature is rather large, redeveloping can be costly. Maybe some way by exporting and importing?

Many thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean two apps?

What is the data source of your apps? If you use excel data you could use Microsoft Flow to automatically update the data source for PROD when an item was added to DEV.

You could also do it with SharePoint. MS Flow just needs a trigger to be started and than you can easily update PROD when an action was done in DEV.

Hope that this answer suits you.

Hey @Anonymous thanks for the reply.

I have basically 'one' app, but I have a development version and a production version. So I have two apps. But everytime when features get added to the DEV, I was wondering if there was a way to export them to the PROD without manually building it up again.

So it's not about the data where the apps work with. They also have different datasources because of development reasons. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @SkiDK 

i am not sure if there is way for not doing this with a workaround.Maybe some1 else has an idea if two different apps can "communicate" with each other?

But I think there is no such way because the apps are based on data sources like excel or SharePoint lists. And they have to be updated in advance with the new record. And therefore you could very easy implement that via Microsoft Flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,866)