Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rawadm
Helper I
Helper I

export data from CDS daily via flow to excel

hi ,

i am trying to export cds data table daily to excel , the excel contain 1700 row , but it's copying only 500 rows and taking alot of time , can anyone help with this ? how this should done in correct way ?

7 REPLIES 7
caburk
Power Apps
Power Apps

@rawadm We support exporting up to 100,000 records to Excel. The PowerApps portal may not yet have the same capabilities, but you can do this through the web client in CDS or Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement. This article lists the different options available. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/basics/export-data-excel

do we have anyway that this can be done via flow ?

@rawadm What are you trying to accomplish? If it's for data backup we have other mechanisms available. 

Adding @Stephen@CWesener for recommendations around Flow and Data integration. 

i am trying to do that in powerapps via Flow 

any update ?

PK_Hong
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @rawadm

I am not sure of the security or data protection policy in your organization.

In fact, CDS data can be linked to exel via OPEN in EXCEL, under the Data>Enties, as long as you sign in with the same account of your PowerApps.

Data is bind and any changes to the Excel will affect the original CDS data and it can be set to REFRESH, the fastest at 1 min or when open Excel, or other setting. Then you may duplicate excel again and if not sign -in, data will be not affected by CDS change.

Hope this can be extra information to you.

Note:

1. In my case, I always create an Excel in Dropbox, link to PowerApps, and everytime data is written into CDS, it is also written concurrently into Excel (it is just like back-up) and no limitation.

2. I am also using my own Custom Connector, and include the URL into Excel>Web and data will be sync automatically; since it is only download, (not upload), hence any changes to Excel data will not affect original data source in my own Custom Connector. (You may ask for some one who is able to write Swagger and having own Custom Connector)

Hooe this helps and have a nice day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please confirm that whether it is possible or not as I have a same kind of requirement. On schedule, daily one job has to run & get the data from CDS & insert it in to Excel file.

Regards,

Sandeep

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,280)