Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

extract powerbi array data via powerapps

Hello,
I have a request for which I'm not at all sure if it's possible and if so, how to do it.

I have a powerBI web report that allows the user to apply filters to output specific data in a table, I would like to know if via powerapps, I can make it possible for users to export the data from this table in Excel format?

thank you in advance

Antoine

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: extract powerbi array data via powerapps

Hi @AntoineREY,

Please correct me if I'm wrong:

You would like to export the data from a Power BI report that has been filtered. And you would like to output an XLSX file.

This is a feature in Power BI.

1. Hover over over a visual. Click Export data.
  2. Export the Summarized data.

image.png

image.png

Please let me know if you were looking for something else.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

yes I whant to do it but we can't do it if we don't have the right to modify the powerBI so that's why I need to use powerapps to do this

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thanks for clarifying @AntoineREY.

You can look into creating an app that is embedded into a Power BI report using the custom Power Apps visual. I'm going to give a brief explanation but it's best to see the full docs/community content on it.

In Power BI desktop, insert a custom Power Apps visual. You should be able to import it from AppSource.

image.png

Like other visuals in the report, the app will have the context of the rows that are filtered by slicers and selections in other visuals. The table can be referenced with the PowerBIIntegrationObject inside the embedded app in Power Apps. Something like:

PowerBIIntegrationObject.Data

You can filter it and do other things with it as you would any other table in Power Apps.

With the table in Power Apps, you'll need to run a flow in Power Automate that takes the table data and turns it into your file of choice. Making a CSV is not too bad, but making an XLSX file may be more challenging as it's essentially a zip file format.

You would need the flow to create a URL to the file and communicate that back to the app so that it can be launched with the Launch() function in Power Apps.

That's the short of it.

Adding in some friends who can share some resources as this has been done before:

@darogael @RezaDorrani @yashag2255 

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Adding in @jesenavaranjan who just released this gem on this very topic 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgAFAOsvMiI

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

thank you @Mr-Dang-MSFT

I see that I have to send the data from my table in powerapps to a flow in power automate but I don't know how to do that... can you help me ? 

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@Mr-Dang-MSFT  ok now I have a flow that can receve the data from my Powerbi but powerbi don't whant to connect a button to my flow can you help? 

thanks 

antoine 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,251)