cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vffdd
Super User
Super User

field editable by certain people

I have used @RezaDorrani  instructions in this video https://youtu.be/wI6SHGQ9ATg to create an editable grid !  It's fab I love it thanks so much for that 🙂  but I have a query

I have a people or person column in my sharepoint list called Editors in which you can put multiple people.  I have this as one of my fields on the grid.

when I put the grid into editable mode (using the method in the video) I would like only those records where the user appears in either "createdby"  OR "Editors" to be able to edit a record.       So in other words everyone can see all records everyone can click on Edit button but only those records that they have either created or have been allowed to edit by them being added to the "Editors" field will be come editable !

I hope you can follow 🙂

TIA

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @vffdd 

Set the App Onstart property to

Set(UserInfo, User())

Set the Control display mode property to 

If(ThisItem.'Created By'.Email = UserInfo.Email || UserInfo.Email in Concat(ThisItem.Editors, Email, ";"), DisplayMode.Edit,DisplayMode.View)

Reference

StalinPonnusamy_0-1637855109262.png

View solution in original post

vffdd
Super User
Super User

brilliant with slight tweak this is the one ! 🙂  thanks @StalinPonnusamy 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Nogueira1306
Super User
Super User

Okay...

Try this using this on visible property of the button you use to edit:

If(IsEmpty(LookUp(Editors; Email = User().Email) = false || ThisItem.CreatedBy.Email = User().Email; true; false)

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Check my User Group (pt-PT)!

Last Post on Community

StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @vffdd 

Set the App Onstart property to

Set(UserInfo, User())

Set the Control display mode property to 

If(ThisItem.'Created By'.Email = UserInfo.Email || UserInfo.Email in Concat(ThisItem.Editors, Email, ";"), DisplayMode.Edit,DisplayMode.View)

Reference

StalinPonnusamy_0-1637855109262.png

vffdd
Super User
Super User

brilliant with slight tweak this is the one ! 🙂  thanks @StalinPonnusamy 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,996)